09 January, 2024

Drawings by Dwayne Jahn and art videos by Dwayne and Ebba Jahn exhibited in Duisburg, Germany a part of 45. Duisburger Akzente from vernissage date March 2nd, 2024 until April 5th, 2024.

 

Ebba and Dwayne Jahn | No Invasion
In the exhibition, the Jahn family will be showing, among other things, their joint short films - with texts and original drawings by son Dwayne; video production by mother Ebba Jahn.
Dwayne: "I wanted to make a series of abstract pencil drawings in 16:9 video format and wanted to focus on concepts that were important to me and that I could immerse myself in. Ultimately, I was trying to process and overcome strokes of fate. The pencil drawings were video-labelled with my poem and accompanied by the double bass quintet SEQUOIA thanks to Klaus Kürvers. The result was art video poem NO INVASION (premiered at the oldest video poetry festival Videobardo in the National Library of Buenos Aires, Argentina).
After some time I was done with the grey pencil and ready to change my medium, again abstract, this time with coloured pencils. Then I tried digital art with AI...."
You can also see original drawings by Dwayne and other original videos by both.